One of the topics that we are interested in at the moment is rehabilitation of rivers.
We are looking at different case studies around the world with a special focus: the state of the river before and after the intervention. We have placed the case studies on a scale of worst case-to natural. The diagram is divided as such
- Worst case: covered, channelized, and polluted
- Artificial: channelized and polluted
- Semi-Artificial: channelized and clean
- In-between: public areas integration, storm water management
- Urbanized natural: attempt to return to natural state
- Natural: natural ecosystem, phytoremediation, biodiversity, and natural habitat
The image below shows the organization of the different case studies:
In case you are interested in this research, please do not hesitate in contacting us, or leaving a comment!