We are partnering with Afforestt & SUGi to plant the first native urban forest in the city, through an engaging hands-on workshop delivered by Afforestt’s founder ‘Shubhendu Sharma” and Jungle Tree Expert “Gaurav Gurjar”. 15 participants will get the chance to learn about the Miyawaki technique of afforestation to plant 800 trees in Sin el Fil, as part of Beirut RiverLESS initiative.
The Miyawaki Technique is a unique methodology proven to work worldwide, irrespective of soil and climatic conditions. More than 3,000 forests have been successfully created worldwide using this methodology. It uses plantations up to 30 times denser than conventional ones and hosts at least 50-100 different native species planted in the same area. For more information about tiny forests, check out Shubhendu Sharma’s TED talk: http://bit.ly/2uqMSd3
Participants should be:
– passionate about bring nature back into the cities
– able to understand English
– willing to contribute to similar projects in the future
– willing to get their hands dirty knowing that this is an intensive hands-on workshop
– capable of hiking in natural forests (there will be a hike on the third day of the workshop)
– committed to attend the full workshop
Workshop dates: May 24th till 29th 2019 [10:00 AM till 7:00 PM everyday]
Fees: 800 USD*
The workshop fees will go directly into the funding of the forest, meaning that each participant fee will be contributing to the plantation and maintenance of 16 trees.
* Partial Scholarships (up to 50%) are offered on certain conditions.
Applicants are expected to document their eligibility by sending us the following documents [firstname.lastname@example.org] no longer than May 15th 2019 [5:00 PM Beirut Time]:
– A brief biography to help us know you better
– “Letter of Intent” explaining why you would like to attend the workshop, and how you think this experience will empower you to green your city.
For more information about the workshop: bit.ly/2PsfgVT . Feel free to contact us through email: email@example.com or call us on +9611976572 ext. 114
Check out other posts about Beirut RiverLESS: